Friday, October 15, 2010

So... It's been a while... This is awkward....

I was in the midst of serious work yesterday at my day job, when I suddenly looked up and said "Crap, I have not updated the blog in almost a month". I got a few mildly disturbed stares as I walked off to write myself a sticky note to rectify the situation.

So where have I been? Well, for a time in September I was across the pond in fabulous England on holiday. To summarize:

Yes, I had a wonderful time, thank you for asking.
No, I did not pick up the accent.
Yes, I saw London and Cambridge.
No, I did not meet the Queen and have tea with her.
Yes, I would go back again.
No, I did not drive on the other side of the road there (or drive at all) and almost kill people.

If you have the money and opportunity to go to England for a vacation, I'd highly recommend it. 10 days was not nearly enough to see everything. I'd recommend at least two weeks if you can swing it. Also, I don't recommend going if you're American. They will eat you alive (I got off okay, since I'm Canadian).

The sights are beautifully old and stately, yet homey and welcoming. The food was fantastic. Not good for me, but damn, did it taste wonderful. And the people... The people are just amazing. If there is one thing other than my boyfriend that I miss most from England, it would be the people. They're so welcoming, kind, upfront and honest, and fun to hang out with. Yes, you did get teased a bit, but you just return it in good nature. It's part of breaking the ice, really. I met many of my boyfriend's wonderful friends and family, and I miss them all dearly.

Thank goodness for Facebook, eh?

Anyways, aside from fabulous England, I've just been overwhelmingly busy with my day job. Overtime, training others, etc. And my night job is no different. Everyone expects the heroine on her toes at all times...
>_>
I'll just leave it at that.


xo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean...