In my country, the grass turns from that beautiful spring green into the half-green half-yellow summer stage, due to lack of rain. Flowers flourish despite the lack of rain, and likewise vegetables grow abundant. The lake waters warm barely enough to make swimming less suicidal, and everyone is at the beach getting their yearly dose of melanoma.
I find myself appreciating it more this year. But every minute outside feeling the warm sun on my skin seems precious and rare. That probably comes from working in a basement for 43+ hours over six days and not actually seeing daylight very often.
But just the same, this season makes me very aware of how blessed I am to live in a place that allows leisure time (albeit minimal some weeks). My life is very good, although I find many things to be sarcastic and whinny over, and I thank God everyday for blessing me with what I have: a home, a job, a patio with cold alcoholic beverages, and an abundance of people to share my life with.
I've also come to appreciate the delicateness yet strength that is nature and God's creation. Have you ever stood in a huge field and looked at a single petal of a flower, under a magnifying glass or with your sunglass-clad eyes, to see the glorious detail that is in it? One simple flower petal. So incredibly small and insignificant in this huge massive globe. And yet God made it just for that flower, for that field. For that lot. For that street. For that neighborhood, of this city. Of this province, of this country. Of this continent, of this globe. Or, I should say... HIS globe.
Pretty damn awesome, if you ask me.
Summer truly is a glorious time.
Summer truly is a glorious time.
xo <3

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please keep it clean...