Thursday, August 11, 2011

Irony...you cruel witch

Have you ever stopped and realized, to your horror, that the following sayings are true?

1) Bad things happen to good people. Good things happen to bad people;

2) Only the good die young; and,

3) No matter how hard you try to make your own happiness, it doesn't work. Happiness just seems appear on it's own, when you least expect it.

Perhaps, this post should not be titled 'Irony... you cruel witch', but instead be arranged something more like 'Life... you cruel witch.' Because it is true: life, in all her pleasantries and horrors, can be a cold heartless wench.

At this point, some people will point out that not everything ends that way, not everyone turns out that way, and there's always a stupid silver lining. But I do believe that some people have seen too many Hollywood romances to really understand that sometimes, the guy doesn't get the girl, the adorable dog dies, and not every prince and princess ride off into the sunset. Life just isn't like that.

Now, I'm not trying to be depressive or pessimistic. I'm just making a point: not everything in everyone's life is roses.

But that doesn't mean we can't change it.

I truly believe that if we want something to be different, we have the power to change it. Through patience, a bit of hard work, and more patience, we can make our own happiness... by know when to stop trying and just wait for it to happen.

Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking: Easier said than done. No kidding. No one, especially me, said it would be easy. Relinquishing control and just letting it ride is hard. You're afraid that life is going to gallop out from underneath you. But hey, you still got the reins. You're just not yanking on them every five seconds.

I say all this because, well, I should really be doing just that.
So by writing it down, I'm hoping I can get it through my thick skull.



xo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean...