Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Psalm

How magnificent the loveliness of Your earth!

Its lands stretch forever, filled with your diverse children. Its seas abound in waves as You abound in love.

How vast is Your sky! We are so small in comparison

We cannot measure or comprehend its size.

O LORD, even to hold a paintbrush like You, I could not compare.

Your works are measureless, marvelous, fabulous, and simply fantastic.

We are lower and smaller than sheep compared to You.

We are more insignificant than a glob of clay on the potter’s floor.

But you pick us up!

You rescue us from the dust, dirt, and dryness.

You make us beautiful again, breathing life and vigor into our bodies.

You fill us up, and give use purpose.

I want to follow in Your steps, O LORD.

I want to be great, like You, for You, and with You.

But first I must walk beside You,

Follow Your teachings, and learn Your way.

I am the student to the Teacher;

The pupil to the Tutor;

The apprentice to the Master.

I want to revel in Your beauty for the rest of my days.

I want to dance in Your field of exquisiteness, and sleep in the hammock of Your serenity.

I want to leap among Your mountains like stepping stones;

And dawdle in Your seas like rain puddles.

I want to see Your face in the sunsets;

And feel Your breath in the wind.
I long to be close to You, in all I do,

And I forever want Your grace in my life.

LORD, be near to me.

Show me Your presence in my daily life, so that I might honor You.

Grant me the strength to do your will;

The knowledge to recognize Your plan;

The grace to represent You;

The patience for the trials;

And the opportunities to praise You.

Amen.




xo <3

1 comment:

  1. Did you write this?
    It's exactly how I feel,how I long to be closer to the Lord, in everything I do, I will honour Him, and praise His Holy Name. To surround myself in His comfort, with His loving arms around me. I thank the Lord for all the opportunites in my life in order for me to grow and be who He wants me to be.
    I say Amen, Amen, Amen

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean...