Thursday, August 5, 2010

News Flash #3

The following is a painfully true story.


(Scene: I am talking on the phone with a client, booking the patient at my elbow in the schedule, typing an email to my boss on a work related question, printing an invoice for the patient on the phone, and sorting through a pile of charts on my desk for another coworker. Annoying Co-Worker #1 is standing beside my (<--- note: MINE) desk, reading a single page document to himself. Yes, out loud, mumbling it to himself.)

*Background noises: Various people chatting, my two awesome coworkers behind me also talking with clients and working hard*

Me: "Yes, I can book you for that time Mrs. Smith. Did you need a reminder card for your appointment? You do? Okay, one second please... Yes, Mr Johnson, I just printed your invoice and I'll be mailing it to you. New address? Okay, go ahead..."

Annoying Co-Worker # 1: "Could you (as in, all three of us) keep it down? I can barely hear myself think and I need to focus."

*Stunned silence as three of us stop working to stare at him in complete disbelief*

Me: "You know, Annoying Co-Worker #1, we're trying really hard to handle the influx of patients currently in the clinic, and since you are hovering over our desks reading, perhaps you should move to another part of the clinic - your desk, for example- because I do not believe we can talk any quieter than we already are."

*Of course, as soon as I open my mouth, he's already walking away and I need to raise my voice to make sure the message is heard as he shuffles away*

*more staring in complete disbelief and thought of throwing heavy objects at Annoying Co-Worker #1 continues*

*slowly, work starts up again, and productivity returns*

The End.

Exaggerated? My response only. I just mumbled a few choice thoughts and ignored him. I sincerely doubt anyone else really took notice of this idiocy.

--- --- ---

One thought: Why me?

--- --- ---

xthnxbai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean...