Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Only a female will understand this...

So, I have very uncontrollable hair. It can be very difficult some mornings. All frizzy instead of curly, or all flat one side and poofy on the other. Any one with two X chromosomes will tell you that a tough morning with your hair can ruin your day. Also, it's very hard to find the perfect hair product to tame that uncontrollable hair.

I, however, was lucky enough to stumble upon just such a product. A curling serum so light and silky but with such great hold that I didn't think was possible.

*insert Hallelujah chorus here*

It only come in 200ml bottles, and a very little goes a long way, but I order a few bottles at a time typically. I had to order it specially through Avon, so I was always careful that when I was on the last bottle to order more.

The following is a true account of horrific proportions.

I was dealing with the hair one morning and reached for the last bottle. Recalling it was the last in my drawer, I opened up a quick email to my Avon rep (don't you love the internet?). I fired off a quick message, thinking nothing of it.

'Hey Pat! I'm almost out of the curling serum. Can you put me down for 4 bottles on your next order? Thanks!'

I went about my day as normal, until I got an email on my lunch break:

'Hey Megan. Sorry, but Avon has discontinued the curling serum. I'll ask around to see if I can find more for you, but it's not likely. I'm bummed, since I love that stuff. I'll let you know. Thanks, Pat'

What followed was the five steps of hysteria:
1) Denial. ("No effing way!!")
2) Hysterical Screaming.
3) Rocking back in forth in the corner.
4) Angry threats to no one in particular.
5) Resigned sobbing and searching online for a similar product.

Upon much digging on Pat's part, we discovered that they were 'temporarily removing' the product and 're-introducing' it in September. I rationed what little I had left and will survive until my order comes in in two weeks.

Still, this pissed me off. WHY would you discontinue a popular product with NO warning, just because you wanted to 're-introduce' it later. If I see anything in the magazine saying "Back by popular demand!" next to the curling serum, Avon's complaint department will be hearing from me. Seriously. This, was a load of cock and bull. All that hysteria for nothing.

I might snuggle a bottle when I finally do receive it, because I will be that relieved. I'm quite tired of looking like a electrified poodle.

SERIOUSLY.

xo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean...